Happy first weekend of 2015! I hope you had a fun and safe New Years Eve. My night was rather quiet; the family played some board games and enjoyed a low key dinner. New Years day was spent visiting a children museum. Jamisen and Lily had a blast, we will definitely be visiting the museum again soon. The 2015 cutie below is my sweet niece, Alise. She is growing so fast!
In soapy news, the team and I have been busy creating some fun recipes with using clays. Keep your eyes on the blog for those projects, and be sure to sign up for our Newsletter to find out about upcoming sales and promotions (hint hint!). If you enjoy sneak peeks, check out the Instagram shots below to see what we have been working on, along with my other favorite pins and tweets from the week!
- I love how fresh this Roasted Beet, Pear and Quinoa Salad looks. Beets add such a nice pop of color to any dish, as evident in the Goat Cheese Beet Dip I made several months ago.
- These Marbled Clay Ring Dishes are stunning! The tutorial looks surprisingly easy as well.
- It may be too late to create these Tissue Tassels for a New Year celebration, but they would make adorable birthday party decor.
- With black, white and purple swirls, this soap created by Petals Bath Boutique really wows. The addition of glitter on top gives a touch of glam.
I have been working a lot with clays recently (look for these projects soon!). Below is cold process soap created with sea clay, hydrated chrome green and pink sea salt on top. The soft swirl was made using the in-the-pot swirl technique, a great swirling method for the beginning soaper.
So many fun soapy projects this year! Below is the bakers rack in the soap lab filled to the brim with soap and other handmade goodness. Soon we will be clearing off the rack by donating the soap to local charities.
- Have you ever wondered why there is no such thing as vanilla essential oil? This article offers a great explanation.
- Sometimes it feels there is simply not enough time in the day. By using these tips, you may find you have more time than you thought.
- Let’s make 2015 the year of happiness! This article gives a list of things proven to make us happier, including strong relationships and giving.
- Full of protein, antioxidants and vitamins, a new plant-based burger will be hitting select Whole Foods in January. Can’t wait to try these!
- Looking for a few good reads? Here are 10 reasons why you should pick up a classic.