Many men are no-fuss when it comes to bath and beauty products. While women can have a routine five steps long, many guys like simple and quick. This Walnut Facial Scrub is just that…truly simple! With only four ingredients including fragrance, this scrub offers plenty of exfoliation. The new Bramble Berry Made to Measure Type Fragrance Oil is a fantastic masculine scent, based on the popular cologne. The combination of walnut shells, baking soda and kaolin clay create a neutral appearance that’s not too fussy or feminine.
To use, apply the dry scrub directly to wet, clean skin. Or, place the scrub in your hands and add a few drops of water to make a paste. People with dry skin might prefer mixing the scrub with oil before each use. Avocado oil, argan oil or sweet almond oil would work well. Apply the scrub 2-3 times a week. If you’re a lady, you can still use the scrub! But, you may want to use a different fragrance or omit the fragrance oil altogether. Because this recipe does not contain water, you don’t need to add a preservative to this recipe. Read more about preservatives here.
Click here to add everything you need for this project to your Bramble Berry shopping cart!
THREE: Use your hands to mix in all the ingredients and break up any clumps.
FOUR: Add the fragrance oil and use your hands to fully mix it in. Make sure there are no clumps of fragrance oil in the mixture. Pour the scrub into bail jars. To use, place a small amount of the scrub in your hands. Add a little water to the scrub to make a paste. Apply the scrub to wet skin, and move in gentle circular motions. Rinse off and apply moisturizer.
What kind of skin care products do the men in your life use? If you’re a guy who enjoys DIY, what kind of products would you like to create yourself?
- 7 oz. Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda)
- 4 oz. Walnut Shells
- 1 oz. Kaolin Clay
- 2 mL Bramble Berry’s Made to Measure Fragrance Oil
- Two 8 oz. Plastic Bail Jars
- In a large container, add the baking soda. Use your hands to break up any clumps.
- Add the walnut shells and kaolin clay.
- Use your hands to mix in all the ingredients and break up any clumps.
- Add the fragrance oil, and use your hands to fully mix in the fragrance oil. Make sure there are no clumps of fragrance oil in the mixture. Pour the scub into bail jars. To use, place a small amount of the scrub in your hands. Add a little water to the scrub to make a paste. Apply the scrub to wet skin, and move in gentle circular motions. Rinse off and apply moisturizer as usual.