Creating foaming liquid soap at home is easier than you think. The process involves mixing Liquid Soap Concentrate Base and distilled water. It’s customized with color and fragrance, then poured into Foaming Pump Bottles. It’s a fun alternative to bar soap, and it looks great next to the sink.
The supplies you need to get started are included in the Foaming Liquid Soap Kit – all you need to provide is distilled water and a few basic tools. The kit also includes printed instructions and labels. Click here to get the kit.
This soap is scented with Coastal Rain Fragrance Oil, which has notes of lemon, white tea, sea salt, and musk. The color comes from Brilliant Blue LabColor. It’s a water-based colorant that’s easy to incorporate. Add just a few drops of LabColor for a light hue, or up to 2 mL for a highly saturated color.
What You Need:
*All items (except distilled water) included in the Foaming Liquid Soap Kit
5 Foaming Pump Bottles
8 oz. Liquid Soap Concentrate Base
37 oz. Distilled Water
8 mL Coastal Rain Fragrance Oil
Spray Bottle with Isopropyl Alcohol
Up to 2 mL Brilliant Blue LabColor
0.5 oz. Optiphen ND
- 5 Foaming Pump Bottles
- 8 oz. Liquid Soap Concentrate Base
- 37 oz. Distilled Water
- 8 mL Coastal Rain Fragrance Oil
- Spray Bottle with Isopropyl Alcohol
- Up to 2 mL Brilliant Blue LabColor
- 0.5 oz. Optiphen ND
- 2 Droppers
- Pour all the liquid soap concentrate base into the large heat-proof bowl and microwave on 30-second bursts it until it’s about 140F. Using a dropper, add 8 mL of fragrance oil. Stir until the base turns clear, periodically spritzing with alcohol to pop any bubbles. If the soap isn’t clear after a few minutes, microwave on 10-second bursts and stir until it is.
- Place the large bowl on a scale, weigh out 37 oz. of distilled water, and mix. Spritz with alcohol. Add all of the Optiphen ND. Using a dropper, add drops of blue colorant up to 2 mL until you get a shade you like. Stir to fully incorporate.
- Using a funnel, carefully pour the soap into the foaming pump bottles, leaving a ¼” of space at the top. Let sit for an hour without caps to cool. Screw the caps on and enjoy.