A special thanks to Charity, from All Things Hold Together, for letting me blog her fabulous single serve chocolate cake recipe! It’s an update on my Chocolate (cup)Cake in a Mug post from last year. You can follow Charity on Twitter and be sure to check out All Things Hold Together, a blog about cooking, crafting, faith and family.
- 2 T flour
- 1.5 T sugar (just eyeball the 1/2 T using a tablespoon)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 T milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp oil
Charity used Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa and she said it was awesome!
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl (like a cereal bowl).
- Scrape batter into a ramekin or mug sprayed with cooking spray.
- Microwave on full power for 1 minute.
- Marvel at your creation.
- Loosen with a knife and tip onto plate.
Serve with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, if you so desire. It does not plate very well, so just top it with the scoop of ice cream and eat it in the ramekin.