It’s been a wonderful week, full of excitement! My new niece Alise arrived on Sunday, and she is absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait for Alise to grow up alongside Lily and Jamisen (cousins are like built in best friends!). This weekend the family is going to be spending lots of time with the new addition =)
It’s hard to believe that summer is already wrapping up. I’ve started thinking about fall soapy projects and fall gardening, do you have fall on the brain? I’m loving all the fall inspired soap popping up on the Facebook page! Speaking of social media, here are some of my favorite tweets, pins and instagrams from the week. Pins: Left, clockwise:
- This Caramelized Corn and Heirloom Tomato Galette w/ Herbed Roasted Garlic and Goat Cheese (phew!) is stunning. My garden is bursting with tomatoes right now, and this recipe looks like a great way to use them.
- Katie from Royalty Soaps is such a talented young lady, just take a look at her gorgeous Apple Cinnamon Twist Soap! If you want to learn more about Katie and her soapy business, read our interview with her here.
- This DIY Apple Jar Tutorial is ridiculously cute. I’m always amazed at all the creative tutorials involving mason jars!
- These 7 Tips for Fun Family Biking Adventures with Kids are great for summer bike riding trips. I can’t wait until the entire family can ride bikes together.
Instagram: It’s always fun to experiment with new design ideas, and attempting to use tools in new ways. For this soap, I used the Vertical Wood Mold to create a double in the pot swirl! This month I’m taking part in Great Cakes Soapworks Soap Challenge Club. It’s a fun way to push yourself to try new soaping techniques. This month is “Negative Embedding,” I’m excited to see all the creative designs! Tweets:
- One of YouTube’s most popular channels is run by an anonymous user by the name of “DisneyCollectorBR,” and could be pulling in as much as $13 million! Totally fascinating.
- Earlier in the week, Bellingham was enjoyed weather in the mid-eighties, but unfortunately the rain has returned. Can’t complain though, New York experienced a whole summers worth of rain in just hours.
- Should you be working from home today? Maybe! Working remotely can increase productivity and happiness.
- Writing and producing quality content everyday can be tough. These tips can help you prevent the dreaded writer’s block.
- Have you seen Twitter’s new analytics? They are totally addicting, but it’s important to aim for real, quality interaction.