Soapy Social Media Roundup
I hope everyone had a lovely and safe Fourth of July. We put the kiddos to bed early (thanks to a city-wide personal fireworks ban, that was possible this year). Today, we did a fun play date on Lake Samish (complete with a slip’n'slide for the kiddos). I am continually amazed by the beauty of this place! The weekend isn’t promising to be as hot as last weekend, but since it’s not over yet, I still plan on doing lots of gardening and taking a few sunset evening walks. At Bramble Berry, we’re gearing up for a series of tutorials next week to give your skin a beautiful bronze glow, so keep your eyes on the blog and sign up for our newsletter.
Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend! With the help of my very active set of kids, I know I will =)
Top row, left to right:
- Mica veins can be so fun, and this rainbow mica veined-soap from Serenity Soaps is just gorgeous. The lines really pop against the white background! For more on mica veins, check out this tutorial featuring aqua veins in berry-colored soap.
- I’m careful to slather on the sunscreen every day (even in the fall and winter!), but sometimes it’s hard to avoid sun burns. These Soothing After Sun Cubes are super simple and sound super refreshing.
- Kale is, and will always be, my favorite vegetable. I’ve even reorganized my Pinterest boards so I have an entire board dedicated to it now! These Fava Bean Quinoa Cakes with kale and ginger sound delightful.
- I’m a big fan of handmade packaging, and these metallic paper flowers would make an excellent substitute for a traditional store-bought bow.
- The zebra hanger swirl is an absolutely beautiful technique, and it results in an absolutely beautiful soap. The color palette of this soap reminds me of a fresh spring garden.
- These solid perfume lock-its are just too cute. I’m tempted to go out and hunt a few down, melt some solid perfume base, add a few drops of Lavender 40/42 and voila! Portable perfume in an elegant package.
We spent last Friday filming tutorials to go along with the Summer Soap Crafting Club. Below is the beautifully simple Linear Swirl:
And the Psychedelic Green Tea soap. If you’d like to sign up for the summer session, there’s still time! The first kit will go out at the end of this month =)
- You’ve heard of computer hacks, and these 10 ‘life hacks’ are just as innovative! They include everything from how to peel a kiwi perfectly with a spoon and how to start a grill with potato chips.
- With all the World Cup craziness going on (go USA!), it’s interesting to see the effects on the web of millions — if not billions — of World Cup watchers. Google has set up an entire team of people specifically to monitor and create content around the Cup.
- What happens when you elect an anarchist mayor? Ask Reykjavik, Iceland! The city elected Jón Gnarr as mayor in 2010, and his four years of governing have been a wild ride. He is no longer the mayor, but rumor has it he may run in the country’s presidential elections. This article is hilarious and uplifting.