Soapy Social Media Roundup
Welcome to the first day of March, everyone! After a surprise snow storm dumped nearly 8 inches in Bellingham earlier this week (and, it’s snowing again right now!), we are wishing for sunshine and craving spring; hence all the rainbow colors in this week’s Soapy Social Media Roundup. Spring scents, colors and designs are everywhere, and you can expect to see them in upcoming soapy projects! Take a look at these pins, tweets and ‘grams for more inspiration.
From top left, clockwise:
- In a perfect world, I would have a tub of Nutella permanently anchored next to my desk at all times. But since we live in the real world, this Nutella Milk smoothie is the next best thing (it’s much healthier too!). This easy recipe is just raw hazelnuts, water and dark chocolate.
- Great for a wedding or party, these Confetti Stix can be made with items you probably already have around the house. Bonus: the sweater she is wearing in the tutorial is super cute.
- Spring is around the corner, which means flowers are starting to sprout. Gussy up a simple glass vase with this DIY gold stripped vase tutorial to have a place to put them.
- Those perfect polka dots were made with none other than plain old potatoes. Simply cut the potato in half, dip it in acrylic paint, and you’ve got the perfect tool to bring color to a room.
- Straight from one of my favorite crafty blogs, these cute gift box would be great packaging for birthday gifts. Cute, easy and personal.
- My obsession with color palette website Design Seeds continues with this Paper Lanterns color scheme. In fact, it was the inspiration for the Psychedelic Soap you’ll see below!
The making of the Psychedelic Swirl Soap….
And the cutting of the batch!
- Detoxing your body is all the rage these days, so why not detox your business too? Some good takeaways from this: don’t pursue projects that aren’t aligned with your brand or mission, see where you can effectively cut costs, and be mindful of your day-to-day operations and how well they align with your original business plan.
- To increase blog readership and retain the readers you already have, strong writing is the key. This Hemingway App identifies wordy, complex or unclear sentences so you can improve them instantly. It’s like having Hemingway himself as your own personal editor.
- A little bit of magic on your Saturday afternoon: this photographer documents life on her farm through a camera lens, and the results are beautiful. Lots of adorable toddlers playing with adorable animals!