Welcome to a very special edition of our Soapy Social Media Roundup. Why is it special? It’s Friday the 13th! Hopefully you haven’t crossed paths with any black cats or broken any mirrors today. This superstitious day has gotten me thinking about Halloween and the quickly approaching holiday season, and we’ve been busy planning plenty of seasonal tutorials (and dreaming of Pumpkin Spice Lattes)! While I’m excited for fall, I’ve also been trying to soak up the last of summer fun. Chris and I went on a fantastic hike over Labor Day, and we’ve been working to totally overhaul our garden. The hard work is paying off — look at the size of these potatoes!
I’ve got lots of goodies for you this week, including sneak peaks of two new soaping projects. Take a look!
Clockwise from top left:
- Okay, so how gourmet does this sound: Grilled Vanilla Bean Marscapone Peaches with Salted Bourbon Caramel… just let that sink in for a minute! It sounds perfect to bring to a sophisticated fall celebration.
- I love the simple elegance of these crepe-paper flowers. The best part is they won’t wilt and die like real flowers so you could keep them up year-round.
- You can’t have a conversation about fall without having a conversation about roasted pumpkin seeds. They’re the quintessential fall treat, and while they’re obviously good for eating, they’re good in bath and body products as well (like this Pumpkin Seed Exfoliating Mask, for example). I can’t wait to try this recipe for cinnamon sugar roasted pumpkin seeds.
- One of the many snapshots taken at the Soap Crafting book release party two weeks ago. Lily was the little life of the party, and I was thrilled to meet so many of my fellow soapers!
- So these Marcia Moran earrings are definitely on my wishlist. The champagne-colored gems are just gorgeous.
- A quote to live by! Practice excellence to make it a habit =)
We went on a rainbow kick this week (consider it a final sendoff to summer). The one below is our Super Squirty Rainbow Swirls, and we scented it with our brand new Amazon Lily & Rain Fragrance Oil.
This one is the Swirled Rainbow Layers. Two colors were swirled within each of the three layers — I can’t wait to see what it looks like when it’s cut!
- Once Instagram introduced the ability to shoot video, we jumped right on board (obviously, see above!). These are some great tips for creating stellar Instagram videos, and it’s incredible how much thought and consideration goes into a quick, 15 second video clip. I love the idea of doing more with stop motion videos.
- Gift-giving season is almost upon us, and these are some excellent tips if you plan on setting up a booth at your local holiday market or craft fair. Making a great first impression is totally the key to maximizing your sales this holiday season.
- This is a fascinating look at the new Yahoo CEO, Marissa Mayer. I love her personal proverb, ‘It’s not what you know, it’s how you think.’ Knowing how to ask the right questions and make the right observations will make you an innovator in any field.
- Kids + fruit = always adorable!
I hope you all have a wonderful (and lucky?) Friday the 13th!