2 lbs White Melt & Pour Base
1 lb Clear Melt & Pour Base
1.5 oz Love Spell Fragrance Oil
8 Hamster Eraser Toys
Microwave safe bowl
- Use the same brand of soap base for each layer. Different brand of soap base have different cooling temperatures (this will help the layers adhere).
- Spritz each layer with rubbing alcohol before pouring.
- Liberally spritz the items/toys you’re embedding (this will help with the air bubbles).
- Pour your layers in a timely fashion (don’t wait until the next day to pour your second layer).
- Make sure your layers are no hotter than 120 degrees when you pour (any hotter will melt the soap).
Layer 1: Melt 1 lb of white soap base and add .5 oz of fragrance oil. Mix in a couple drops of Non-Bleeding Red colorant (you should have a nice pink color). Pour the entire pound of melted soap base into your loaf mold and spritz with rubbing alcohol to eliminate any bubbles. Let cool completely (roughly 30-40 minutes).
Layer 2: Melt 1 lb of clear soap base and add .5 oz of fragrance oil. This is going to be the clear layer that showcases the little hamsters
Once the pink layer has cooled, spritz the soap with rubbing alcohol to make sure the layers will adhere. Then, liberally spritz the hamsters with rubbing alcohol and align them on top of the soap like little soldiers. I sat them down on their little bums, but you can arrange them however you want.
Once the clear soap has cooled to 120 degrees, pour your second layer gently over the hamsters. I did have one “floater” but easily pressed it back down into the soap. Let this layer cool completely (roughly 30-40 minutes).
Layer 3: Melt 1 lb of white soap base and add .5 oz of fragrance oil. Then mix in a couple drops of Liquid Blue Colorant. Liberally spritz the clear layer with rubbing alcohol and pour your last layer (remember to cool your soap to 120 degrees before pouring).
Optional: To get a textured top layer, stir the blue layer of soap until it cools.
Finishing Touches: Wait at least 8-12 hours before releasing soap from the mold. I know it will be hard to wait that long to free your little hamsters but trust me; you will have cuter soap in the long run! I cut my soap by hand with a soap cutter. You could also use a soap cutter like THIS for a little more accuracy. GOOD LUCK! No matter how even your cut is, no one will notice since the cutness factor of the hamsters is off the charts.