Happy Weekend! I hope you have amazing weekend with fun, sun and family. I am going to be gone this weekend (headed to Olympia to hang with my family) and so this project will hopefully suffice for your weekend of fun activities with your family.
3-D Loofah Soap
Clear Melt and Pour soap base
12 Bar Round Silicone Mold (The 3D Round Mold has been discontinued and replaced with our 12 Bar Round Silicone Mold)
Microwave safe container
Spritzer bottle filled w/ rubbing alcohol
Colorant optional, not needed if loofah is colored
1. Take apart your 3-D mold and place on counter.
2. Get your loofah and place into the mold (if your loofah is large this may be tricky, here is what we did to get ours to fit)
a. Pull a small side of the loofah away from the body.
b. Wrap this layer around the rest of the loofah, enclosing it into a ball.
c. Lay this into your mold, using first your finger then your butter knife to hold it in place.
d. Leaving the butter knife there to hold the loofah in place, assemble your mold.
3. Cut your melt and pour into 1″ cubes, put into microwave safe container and cover with saran wrap.
4. Microwave for 30sec intervals until soap is melted.
5. Add your fragrance (and color if you choose).
6. Spray a few times into the mold with your alcohol.
7. Pour your melted soap base into the mold, watch as you do this, the soap will rise to the top and settle a few times as it soaks into and around the loofah. Keep filling until you are sure it is full.
8. Spray the top with alcohol.
10. Spray the top with alcohol.
11. Let sit for a few hours until hardened. (The longer you wait the easier it is to unmold).
12. Trim the edges of the soap, if you have to cut away a little bit of loofah this is okay. It should still hold together once you get down to it.